This is one of those recipes you pull out of thin air one night when the fridge and pantry is bare, it’s well past 8:00, and you just can’t be bothered any more.
Luckily, this one worked and became a hit in our house. You can easily adapt it to feed more than 2 people by doubling the quantities but in actual fact, it probably would have fed 4 people happily if I weren’t 8 months pregnant.
- 4 medium potatoes: peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 brown onion: finely sliced
- 2 carrots: grated
- 2 tablespoons curry powder: store bought, or your own mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic: minced
- 1 teaspoon chilli: finely chopped
- 125 grams cream cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach: finely chopped
- Heat a small amount of oil in a deep saucepan over a medium heat.
- Fry off the onion, carrots, curry powder, garlic and chilli until aromatic and soft, constantly stirring.
- Add the potato and stir to combine.
- Add enough water to just cover all the ingredients, and leave it to boil.
- Boil until the potatoes are nice and soft.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the cream cheese and baby spinach.
- Season with salt to taste and serve on a bed of steamed rice.